Subscribe and 🔔 to OFFICIAL BBC YouTube 👉 https://bit.ly/2IXqEIn
Stream original BBC programmes FIRST on BBC iPlayer 👉 https://bbc.in/2J18jYJ
🔘 Subscribe and 🔔 to BBC News 👉 https://bit.ly/3a1zyip
🔘 Stream BBC News live on BBC iPlayer 🔴 https://bbc.in/3b64IVP
🔘 Coronavirus / Covid-19 information: What should I do? 👉 https://bbc.in/39VY5VV
🔘 Follow BBC News live updates here 👉 https://bbc.in/2JmUswL
A round-up of the PM’s press conference
We’ve just heard from Prime Minister Boris Johnson as England prepares to ease some lockdown measures tomorrow. But what did we learn? Here’s a round-up.
* Coronavirus is still very much with us as we move to the next set of changes, said the PM, who stressed: “We’re not out of the woods yet”
* He said tomorrow marks the biggest step on the road to recovery and urged people not to let down the “businesses and workers who have done so much to prepare us for this new normal”
* As lockdown eases in England tomorrow, people should expect “targeted” local lockdowns to be reimposed – like the one currently in place in Leicester – where there are spikes in the number of cases of the virus
* A timetable will be set out next week for the reopening of other businesses, – including the arts and events industry, indoor gyms and nails bars – said Mr Johnson
* He said governments in Scotland and Wales are going in the “same direction” as England but perhaps at “slightly different speeds”
* Prof Chris Whitty, the chief medical adviser, warns that a second wave is a possibility and the risk will “exist with us for a very long time”, as he urges people to stick to the rules. There is no “risk-free next step” he adds
* Mr Johnson says people should feel safe to enjoy themselves this summer – but must do so “in a responsible way”
Boris Johnson has taken to the lectern at Downing Street for his press conference ahead of lockdown easing in England.
He was joined by chief medical officer Chris Whitty and chief scientific adviser Sir Patrick Vallance.
Follow the story 👉 https://bbc.in/3f3Ha6E
BBC News Live | Coronavirus Press Conference | UK Government Daily Press Briefing | BBC
#BBC #BBCiPlayer #BBCNews #BBCCoronavirus #Coronavirus #Covid-19 #CoronavirusOutbreak #Corona #CoronavirusUK
All our TV channels and S4C are available to watch live through BBC iPlayer, although some programmes may not be available to stream online due to rights. If you would like to read more on what types of programmes are available to watch live, check the ‘Are all programmes that are broadcast available on BBC iPlayer?’ FAQ 👉 https://bbc.in/2m8ks6v.